EB-1(c) 3/5

Posted on August 14, 2007 by Warren Wen | Category: Immigration

EB-1(c), the Best Choice for Extraordinary Person in Business Area 3/5

In the last article we introduced the similarities and differences between EB-1C and the L visa program, and how they affect Korean businessmen who are interested in immigrating to the United States.  In this article, we will introduce the types of documents potential applicants need to apply for lawful permanent resident status in the US through EB-1C.

In general, there are three types of documents that are needed for the EB-1C application: documents regarding the overseas company, documents regarding the company in the US, and documents regarding the applicant (beneficiary).

In regards to documents regarding the overseas company, the following basic documents are needed:

  1. Documents of incorporation (such as Incorporation document, business license etc.);
  2. The organizational chart of the company (structure and major departments of the corporation);
  3. Information of the employees;
  4. Financial report for the most recent year (Balance sheet, tax return etc.);
  5. Information about the company (introduction of company, introduction of products. etc.);
  6. Other reports of the corporation.

The following are needed for the company in the US:

  1. Incorporation documents, such as articles of incorporation, business licenses;
  2. Organizational chart of the company;
  3. Business plan for the company which includes long-term plan, short-term plan, employees planned to hire and description of title, responsibility of the positions;
  4. Tax return for most recent years.

The following are needed for applicants (beneficiary):

  1. CV;
  2. Certificate of diploma or degree;
  3. Employer sponsoring letter regarding the company plan and the plan for the applicant;
  4. Certificate of applicant’s working experience in the company;
  5. Other supporting documents.

As shown above, the documents needed for the EB-1C application are quite similar to those required for the L-1A application.  The biggest difference is that for the EB-1C application, the US operation needs to have existed for at least one year.  Therefore, unlike for the L-1A, tax returns or other financial reports are needed for the EB-1C application.  Therefore, business people who have not yet established their US operations may want to apply for L-1A first, then apply for greencard through EB-1C.

This article is only for your reference. Please do not apply mechanically to any exact cases. You are welcome to consult our attorneys at Liu & Associates, P.C. For contact information, please click here.