From Illegal to Legal with 245(i)

Posted on March 28, 2006 by Warren Wen | Category: Immigration

How Does Section 245(i) Help Illegal Immigrants Adjust Status? Ms. Li asked: I arrived in the United States illegally in 1996.  In 1998, I married with my ex-husband, a greed card holder and filed I-130 petition with the USCIS. While I was waiting for the immigration quota, we got divorced in 2002.  If I marry… Read More

Green Card After Removal Order

Posted on March 12, 2006 by Warren Wen | Category: Immigration

Green Card after Removal Order Mr. Wang asked: I was detained by the USCIS for 30 days when I entered into the United States without an inspection in December 1999.  After I paid $10,000 bail, they released me. But, they asked me to appear at a court in California in March 2000. I left California,… Read More

From Illegal to Permanent Resident

Posted on February 26, 2006 by Warren Wen | Category: Immigration

From Illegal Status to Lawful Permanent Resident Mr. Wang asked: I entered into the United States with a B-1/B-2 visa in April, 2000, which allowed me to stay in the U.S. for 6 months.  After 6 months I was still in the U.S, and became an illegal immigrant. Since then, I have been working as… Read More

Legal Status for USC Immediate Relatives

Posted on February 20, 2006 by Warren Wen | Category: Immigration

Changing to Legal Status for US Citizens’ Immediate Relative In the previous article, we explained how a U.S. citizen and a lawful permanent resident are treated differently under U.S. law, especially U.S. immigration law.  The different treatment for U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents becomes more obvious when the immediate relatives (parents, spouse, or children)… Read More

H2B Visa for Qualified Workers 1/4

Posted on February 01, 2006 by | Category: Immigration

H-2B as an Option for Companies in Need of Qualified Workers 1/4 Alien workers can qualify for H-2B visas if they are coming to the United States to accept a temporary or seasonal non-agriculture job from a U.S. employer and they have the skills or abilities needed by the employer.  Unlike the H-1B visa that… Read More

Business Planning for L1 Visa

Posted on January 30, 2006 by Warren Wen | Category: Immigration

Business Planning with L Visa Application n previous article, we introduced how spouses of L visa holders could apply for the work permit after they came to the U.S. We also introduced how L visa holders could find an appropriate school for their accompanying children. For L visa holders who come to the United States… Read More